Steamboat firefighters respond to Christmas morning fire | SteamboatToday.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Steamboat firefighters respond to Christmas morning fire

— No one was injured or displaced by a fire that broke out at an industrial building early Christmas morning.

The fire was in a complex of five live/work units at 2750 Downhill Plaza. A resident called 911 after seeing smoke coming from one of the adjacent units.

Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were dispatched at 3:58 a.m. and arrived 10 minutes later.



Ten firefighters responded and reported seeing smoke in the upper and lower windows of the unit. They entered the building and saw the smoke was coming from an industrial dryer.

The fire was contained to the dryer and was extinguished. Fans were used to exhaust the smoke, and there was no damage to the other units in the complex.



Damage to the dryer was estimated at $20,000. The unit was turned back over to the owner Friday morning.

To reach Matt Stensland, call 970-871-4247, email mstensland@SteamboatToday.com or follow him on Twitter @SBTStensland


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.