Steamboat City Council to consider final approval on annexation Tuesday
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Steamboat Springs City Council could take the final step in annexing 190 acres west of current city limits to be developed as West Steamboat Neighborhoods.
When: 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5
Where: Citizens’ Meeting Room in Centennial Hall, 124 10th St.
Those who cannot attend the meeting can contact City Council or watch a live video stream of the meeting by visiting the city’s website, steamboatsprings.net.
An ordinance annexing the land will go before City Council for second reading Tuesday, Feb. 5. The second reading will be City Council’s final consideration of the ordinance.
Should it be approved, more hearings will be required as the developer, Brynn Grey Partners, works through the city’s planning and zoning process to eventually build the development.
The ordinance going before council would not send annexation before voters.
After the second reading, city voters could place the issue on the ballot in a referendum election. To do so, those who wish to refer the ordinance to a vote must gather about 1,078 verified signatures on a referendum petition and file that petition within 30 days after the ordinance is approved on second reading.
City Council will also consider the following.
• Permitting conditional use and other planning approvals related to a planned hotel on Pine Grove Road.
• Permitting a conditional use and other planning approvals related to the Yampa Valley Housing Authority’s Alpenglow Village apartments on Pine Grove Road.
• Revising the city code that governs commercial river outfitters and creating a process for lifting Yampa River closures.
• Permitting the installation and maintenance of a private access road and allowing drainages, retaining walls and other infrastructure on city property to serve the undeveloped Woolery subdivision of the Brooklyn neighborhood.
• In executive session, the council will discuss its position on an Alpine Slide agreement with the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.