Steamboat boys basketball drop consecutive games to start season
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Outscoring their opponent in ever quarter, the Golden boys basketball team defeated Steamboat Springs High School 82-59 at the Golden Preview Classic on Thursday, Dec. 5.
The Sailors scored just 10 points in their first quarter of play this season, while the Demons put up 20. The second stanza was much closer, with the Demons outscoring the Sailors 20-18.
Golden added to the advantage in the third and fourth, scoring 21 points in each quarter. Steamboat mustered 13 in the third and netted 18 in the final frame.
The next day, the Centaurus Warriors downed the Sailors 63-45.
Golden Preview Classic
Thursday, Dec. 5
Golden 82, Steamboat Springs 59
SS 10 18 13 18 — 59
G 20 20 21 21 — 82
Friday, Dec. 6
Centaurus 63, Steamboat Springs 45
Steamboat Springs boys basketball schedule
- Dec. 5-7: Steamboat Springs at Preview Classic: L vs. Golden 82-59, L vs. Centaurus 63-45, L vs. Holy Family 52-45
- Dec. 12-14: Steamboat Springs shootout, W vs. Woodland Park 49-46, L vs. Conifer 51-44, L vs. Colorado Academy 73-61
- Dec. 17: Moffat County at Steamboat Springs, W 58-55
- Dec. 21: Steamboat Springs at Mead, L 74-47
- Jan. 2-4: Steamboat Springs at Roosevelt, 2-1
- Jan. 11: Eagle Valley at Steamboat Springs, W 53-41
- Jan. 17: Palisade at Steamboat Springs, W 44-41
- Jan. 18: Rifle at Steamboat Springs, W 59-42
- Jan. 21: Steamboat Springs at Battle Mountain, W 54-42
- Jan. 25: Steamboat Springs at Glenwood Springs, L 58-44
- Jan. 28: Steamboat Springs at Eagle Valley, W 61-59
- Jan. 31: Summit at Steamboat Springs, W 48-33
- Feb. 8: Steamboat Springs at Palisade, L 51-43
- Feb. 13: Battle Mountain at Steamboat Springs, W 55-40
- Feb. 15: Glenwood Springs at Steamboat Springs, 3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 20: Steamboat Springs at Rifle, W 68-25
- Feb. 22: Steamboat Springs at Summit, W 45-39
- Feb. 26: No. 43 Mitchell at Steamboat Springs, L 47-44
To reach Shelby Reardon, call 970-871-4253, email sreardon@SteamboatPilot.com or follow her on Twitter @ByShelbyReardon.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Muddy Slide Fire in South Routt grows to 100 acres; fire crews assess potential buildings in fire’s path
Crews from multiple agencies, led by the U.S. Forest Service, are responding to a fire in the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest in South Routt County, which in a matter of hours more than tripled in…