Stand for America
Foreign relations, national security and terrorism are possibly the most talked about issues on TV, radio, newspapers and by most politicians and presidential candidates. This has a huge negative impact on our citizens. The recent terrorist bomb explosion in New York City and knife attack in Minnesota by ISIS followers are just more reminders of the never ending threats to American lives. This can be devastating to all U.S. citizens, also, those attacked at Planned Parenthood, San Bernadino and Paris, France.
Currently, the U.S. is not considered the leader around the world.
• The Navy Seals secured 1.5 million documents when they killed Osama bin Laden. These documents have not been released. More U.S. citizens may die unless Congress acts to release this information that includes al-Qaida terrorist plots, secret deals with Iran and Pakistan and much more.
• Our president claimed that al-Qaida was dead, which was not true. The terrorist group has most likely doubled in size.
• The president has slashed the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines to the lowest level in decades, ignored massive military buildup in Russia and China and done nothing to stop North Korea’s nuclear program as our war machines are being reduced or not used.
• Our president wants to allow Russia to have GPS tracking stations across the U.S. and also allow Russia and China to have closer ocean access close to our borders.
• Most citizens and politicians fee the Iran Deal is terrible and that Iran will not honor it.
• The government is cutting our nuclear arsenal from 3,000 to 1,500, or maybe as low as 300. The president has intentions to scrap our missile defense system.
• There are millions of dollars given to the U.S. universities to fund Islamic indoctrinations. As a consequence, professors teaching Islamic or Middle Eastern studies promote the notion that Islam is a religion of peace that has been hijacked by extremists, and their main stumbling block to peace is America and Israel.
• ISIS is moving across the Middle East, making vicious attacks on Christians, savagery beyond anything we’ve witnessed in our lifetime and is now recruiting American citizens with their U.S. passports. They are free to travel back to the U.S. and bring their murderous jihad with them.
• Common sense says we need leaders who will stop ISIS, prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons, stand with our allies and embrace American exceptionalism.
• President Obama says climate change is a bigger threat than terrorists.
• There is a debate going on about accepting refugees from Syria into the U.S. More than 30 states and the head of the FBI say we need more background information before accepting them.
• Terrorists are crossing our southern border and setting up numerous training camps in the U.S.
We need to stand with our allies and stand against our enemies. A rancher in Texas wrote an article wrote an article comparing terrorists and rattlesnakes. He as a lot of snakes and kills as many, as he can as they are trying to kill him. He does not try to understand why or reason with them; he just kills them.
President Ronald Reagan said, “When politicians feel the heat, they will see the light.”
I suggest you contact your government and let them know how you feel.
North Routt County
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Construction on Sleeping Giant School has moved mostly inside as the roughly 100-person crew continues the push to complete the building by the end of summer.