Sparks flying: The Record for Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020
Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020
12:59 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of a drunken pedestrian in the 2000 block of Walton Creek Road.
9:38 a.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to assist an animal bite victim in the 18500 block of Canyon View Trail.
11:58 a.m. Police received a report of identity theft from the 700 block of Angels View Way.
6:44 p.m. Police were called about a crash with unknown injuries in the 2400 block of Ski Trail Lane.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
7:39 p.m. Police were called about another crash with unknown injuries at Mount Werner Road and Mount Werner Circle.
8:14 p.m. Deputies received a report of a suspicious incident from a home in the 21600 block of Colorado Highway 131 in Phippsburg. A woman thought she saw sparks flying from her chimney and was worried it had caught fire. Officials arrived and determined there was no danger.
Total incidents: 56
- Steamboat officers had 28 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County deputies had 11 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to 13 calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to three calls for service.
- Yampa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.