Shoplifted frozen dinner: The Record for Saturday, Dec. 3, 2018
December 2, 2018
Saturday, Dec. 3, 2018
8:13 a.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were called to assist ski patrol at Steamboat Resort. The agency responded to one other call at the ski area Saturday.
2:56 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of shoplifting at a grocery store in Central Park Plaza. A person attempted to take three frozen dinners.
3:56 p.m. Officers conducted a welfare check in the 700 block of Sandhill Circle. In connection to the check, a person was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor child abuse.
3:58 p.m. A man reported he was bit by his puppy in the 100 block of Spruce Street.
6:13 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a suspicious person in the 1300 block of Dream Island Plaza. A man was seen loitering in the area. Officers conducted extra patrols in the area.
Recommended Stories For You
7:18 p.m. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a non-injury vehicle crash near mile marker five on Routt County Road 36, Strawberry Park Road. The crash closed the road for more than an hour.
10:09 p.m. An occupied car was sitting in a parking lot in the 2100 block of Elk River Road. Officers determined everything was okay.
11:54 p.m. Colorado State Patrol troopers arrested a man on suspicion of DUI. He also received a traffic citation for failing to signal a turn.
Total incidents: 48
- Steamboat police had 27 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- The Routt County Sheriff's Office had 10 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to nine calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.