Semitrailer loses control on Rabbit Ears Pass: The Record for Wednesday, 23, 2019
Wednesday, 23, 2019
7:49 a.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a report of a semitrailer that lost control of its speed traveling west down Rabbit Ears Pass. The driver was able to use a runaway truck ramp to stop the vehicle at mile marker 142 along U.S. Highway 40. No one was injured.
10:04 a.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called about a semitrailer that got stuck in the snow on U.S. Forest Service Road 503 in North Routt. It took responders several hours to haul the vehicle out of the snow.
12:20 p.m. Steamboat Fire Rescue firefighters transported a man to the hospital after he tripped on crutches and re-injured himself.
12:44 p.m. Steamboat Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a head-on collision between two trucks in the 100 block of Park Avenue. Both vehicles had minor damage, but no one was injured.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
2:35 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of criminal mischief from a skate park in the 800 block of Howelsen Parkway.
9:31 p.m. Deputies were called about a suspicious incident at mile marker 11 along Routt County Road 129.
Total incidents: 46
- Steamboat officers had 20 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County deputies had 17 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to seven calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.