School van tires slashed: The Record for Saturday, Jan. 12
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019
1:48 a.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to a report of a suspicious incident in Phippsburg.
6:29 a.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters assisted a person who was sick at the Gondola Transit Center.
10:43 a.m. Steamboat firefighters were called to an unknown injury crash on U.S. Highway 40 on Rabbit Ears Pass.
10:48 a.m. Deputies and Steamboat firefighters were called to a report of an unknown injury vehicle crash at the intersection of Routt County roads 201 and 20.
11:04 a.m. West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters assisted a person who was unconscious in the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue in Hayden.
1:39 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report that a door handle had been removed from a business in the 10 block of Ninth Street.
2:48 p.m. West Routt and Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters helped a person who was sick at the airport.
4:39 p.m. Officers were called to a disturbance in the 2000 block of Elk River Road. A person received a warning for disturbing the quiet enjoyment of a home.
8:18 p.m. Officers responded to a report that a person slashed the tires of a school van while it was parked in Central Park Plaza.
11:30 p.m. A traffic stop at Pine Grove Road and South Lincoln Avenue resulted in a person being cited on suspicion of DUI and DUI per se. The person also received a traffic citation for failing to obey traffic signals.
11:31 p.m. Oak Creek Police Department officers cited a person on suspicion of harassment and DUI. The person also received a traffic citation for careless driving.
Total incidents: 49
- Police department had 25 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Sheriff’s Office had 11 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Fire Rescue responded to nine calls for service.
- West Routt Fire responded to two calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.