Sarah Coleman: 5 first fitness dates
For Steamboat Pilot & Today
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — February: an entire month dedicated to love — and now fitness, too. This month, I dare you to think outside the box when it comes to “dates” — dates with your dog, dates with your friends, dates with your siblings or dates with a special someone.
Here are some ideas to get the heart pumping.
1. Take the last gondi up with a member of your tribe then skin to Four Points deck for a nice healthy snack in the setting sun. Don’t forget to bring the chocolate.
2. Find a new trail with your special buddy. Hike, bike, walk or lunge along it. Leave a special note on the trail for them to find. Take it up a notch and plan a scavenger hunt along the way.
3. Try a different fitness class. Get creative. Bring a mate along. Ballroom dancing, Zumba, CrossFit, you name it. Go the extra mile and offer to pay for your special guest.
4. Get your sweat on with your swolemate. Try a hot yoga class together. You know what they say, the couple that sweats together … Maybe suggest a fun way to cool off together.
5. Create a festive fitness challenge with a fun prize in mind for the whole gang. Who can sleep the most? Who can drink the most water? Who can eat the most veggies? Who can do they most burpees?
Happy February lovebirds, soul mates and friends. Get out there and show someone you love them. Get moving. Your heart and your sweetheart will thank you.
Sarah Coleman is a wellness coach at The Foundry, a personal trainer, CrossFitter and coach at Steamboat CrossFit, food connoisseur at Bitchin Kitchin and outdoor enthusiast everywhere.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.