Routt County volunteer opportunities: Search and Rescue is looking to grow its team
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Routt County Search and Rescue is accepting applications through Tuesday, April 30. Volunteer rescuers assist those who are lost or injured in the Routt County backcountry. Trainings are at 6 p.m. every Tuesday in downtown Steamboat Springs. Fill out an application at routtcountysar.org/application. Volunteers must be CPR certified.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Junior Achievement is in need of youth volunteers to work in classrooms once a week. The organization provides training, curriculum and support. Contact 303-618-6269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Steamboat Creates is in need of front-of-the-house volunteers for Cabaret at 6 and 8:30 p.m. May 9 to 11 at Chief Theater. Duties include setup, cleanup and ushering. Volunteers will get dinner and a cast T-shirt. Email email@example.com.
• Hayden Heritage Center is in need of volunteers for the Ride the Cog gravel bike ride fundraiser May 18. The ride starts at the Hayden museum and ends at Wild Goose Granary. Volunteers are needed for aid stations, food service, TIP-certified beer service, setup, cleanup and more. Lunch will be provided. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yampa Valley Sustainability Council is in need of volunteers for the biannual Recycling Drop-Off Day on May 11. Volunteers will assist with greeting and directing recyclers, unloading cars, answering questions and more. Sign up at yvsc.org/recyclingdropoff.
• Routt County United Way is in need of volunteers for its annual Day of Caring from 8:30 a.m. to noon May 22. Volunteers will work on projects requested by local nonprofits, individuals and government entities that otherwise wouldn’t have the resources to complete the projects. Sign up by May 13 by emailing email@example.com or visiting routtcountyunitedway.org.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Casey’s Pond Senior Living is in need of volunteers for bingo at 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-457-4874.
• LiftUp of Routt County is in need of donation center volunteers to prepare donated items for the store while educating donors about the LiftUp mission. Apply at liftuprc.org/volunteer, or contact 970-870-0727 or email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User