Routt County volunteer opportunities: REPS recruiting Suicide Prevention Advocates
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is collaborating with UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center to increase the number of volunteers assisting suicidal patients in the hospital’s emergency department. For information about the Suicide Prevention Advocate program or to volunteer for REPS, email email@example.com.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• LiftUp of Routt County is in need of Thrift Store attendants to provide professional customer service in the retail store. Apply at liftuprc.org/volunteer, or contact 970-870-0727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Integrated Community is in need of volunteers to work one hour per week with someone who wants to improve their English. Pairs typically meet at the library. To get involved, email email@example.com.
• Northwest Colorado Health is in need of volunteers to help with office work and agency events as well as answer questions and assist patients with paperwork. Contact 970-871-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Partners in Routt County is in need of volunteer senior partners for its Youth Mentoring Program. Contact email@example.com or 970-879-6141.
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers for its worship team. Call 970-879-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved. Download a volunteer application at steamboatsk8church.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to assist staff with rocking and feeding in the Infant Room and playing with babies at GrandKids Child Care Center. Contact email@example.com or 970-870-1146.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
According to the Colorado State Demography office, the population of adults aged 65 and older will nearly double between 2020 and 2050. In Northwest Colorado, adults over the age of 60 account for 24% of…