Routt County volunteer opportunities: REPS recruiting Suicide Prevention Advocates
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is collaborating with UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center to increase the number of volunteers assisting suicidal patients in the hospital’s emergency department. For information about the Suicide Prevention Advocate program or to volunteer for REPS, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• LiftUp of Routt County is in need of Thrift Store attendants to provide professional customer service in the retail store. Apply at liftuprc.org/volunteer, or contact 970-870-0727 or email@example.com.
• Integrated Community is in need of volunteers to work one hour per week with someone who wants to improve their English. Pairs typically meet at the library. To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Northwest Colorado Health is in need of volunteers to help with office work and agency events as well as answer questions and assist patients with paperwork. Contact 970-871-7609 or email@example.com.
• Partners in Routt County is in need of volunteer senior partners for its Youth Mentoring Program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-6141.
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers for its worship team. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved. Download a volunteer application at steamboatsk8church.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to assist staff with rocking and feeding in the Infant Room and playing with babies at GrandKids Child Care Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.