Routt County volunteer opportunities: Grocery rescuers needed at food bank
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a list of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Horizons Specialized Services participants are looking for opportunities to spend time in the community. Whether it be grabbing a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly, one-hour outings will be structured around volunteer availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466.
• Integrated Community is in need of volunteers to work one hour per week with someone who wants to improve their English. Pairs typically meet at Bud Werner Memorial Library. Email email@example.com.
• Routt County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers for about an hour one day per month to help seniors around the house, including changing light bulbs, moving items to lower shelves, changing smoke detector batteries and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Council on Aging office in the Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave.
• Routt County Humane Society is in need of dog walkers and kennel cleaners in the mornings and on weekends. Apply at routthumane.org or call 970-879-7247.
• Partners in Routt County is in need of volunteer senior partners for its Youth Mentoring Program. Contact email@example.com or 970-879-6141.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers to donate meals and snacks on Mondays and Thursdays for middle and high school youths. Contact 970-879-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza. Apply at steamboatsk8church.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.