Routt County Public Health adds another day for COVID-19 community testing
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Routt County Public Health Department will begin offering COVID-19 community testing from noon to 3 p.m. Tuesdays at the Howelsen Hill rodeo grounds beginning Sept. 1. The county will continue the testing it has been offering from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays.
Those who should seek testing include:
• Individuals with signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19
• Asymptomatic individuals with recent known or suspected exposure to SARS-CoV-2 to control transmission
• Asymptomatic individuals without known or suspected exposure to SARS-CoV-2 for early identification for public health surveillance purposes
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Individuals being tested for purposes of public health surveillance for SAR-CoV-2
The testing is free but priority will be given to county residents without health insurance. Testing appointments can be made by calling 970-870-5577. An online scheduling system for appointments will be available soon.
COVID-19 tests can also be obtained at the following Routt County clinical facilities:
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center lab: 970-875-2686
• Steamboat Emergency Center: 970-846-6230
• Steamboat Springs Family Medicine: 970-871-1323
• Yampa Valley Medical Associates: 970-879-3327
• Northwest Colorado Health: 970-879-1637
• Pediatrics of Steamboat Springs: 970-871-1900
• Sleeping Bear Pediatrics: 970-879-2327
• South Routt Medical Center: 970-736-8118
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User