Routt County Board Of County Commissioners meeting agendas for Sept. 26 and 27
Monday, Sept. 26
10:30 a.m. Administrative
• Discussion regarding the 2017 Community Services Budget allocations and Executive Management Team’s recommendations.
11:30 a.m. Legal update
Erick Knaus, county attorney
Noon Lunch break
1:30 p.m. Communications update
Doug Brown, director
2 p.m. Yampa Valley Regional Airport updates
Kevin Booth, director
2:30 p.m. Accounting
Dan Strnad, director
• Sheriff’s Office budget work session.
3:30 p.m. Meeting adjourned
Tuesday, Sept. 27
10:30 a.m. Call to order
A. Pledge Of Allegiance
B. Approval of accounts payable, manual warrants and payroll
C. Items of note from the previous day’s work session
10:05 a.m. Legislative session recap and 2017 preview
State Sen. Randy Baungardner
10:35 a.m. Consent agenda items
Items of routine and non-controversial nature are placed on the consent agenda to allow the board of commissioners to spend its time and energy on more important items on a lengthy agenda. Any Commissioner may request that an item be pulled from the consent agenda and considered separately. Any member of the public may request any item to be pulled from the consent agenda.
A. Approval of county commissioners minutes: Regular meeting of Aug. 23, 2016.
B. Consideration for approval and signature of purchase of service and business associate contracts, Routt County core services program, SFY 2016-2017, for the provision of the following services: day treatment alternative and intensive family treatment programs.
C. Consideration for approval and signature of the Routt County core services program first of a three-year plan SFY 2016 – 2017 for Routt County.
D. Approval of and authorization to ratify the chair’s signature on the two notice of awards for AIP 42 grant-funded snow removal equipment and airport beacon.
10:40 a.m. Consideration of items pulled from the consent agenda
10:45 a.m. Public comment
Public comment will be heard on any item except quasi-judicial land use items. County commissioners will take public comment under consideration but will not make any decision or take action at this time.
10:55 a.m. Clerk and recorder
Kim Bonner, clerk
• Consideration for approval and authorization to sign a special events liquor license for The Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs for an event to be held at the Wandering Creek Ranch from 5 to 10 p.m. Oct. 1, 2016.
11 a.m. Accounting
Dan Strnad, director
• Consideration for approval temporary position for accounting software implementation.
11:15 a.m. Lunch break
1 p.m. District attorney
Brent Barkey, district attorney
• Discussion regarding the 2017 district attorney’s office budget work session.
1:30 p.m. Planning
Chad Phillips, director
• Adoption of the Stagecoach Community Plan update has been rescheduled to Jan. 10, 2017. No discussion or public comment on this item will occur on today.
• Xcel special use permit to allow for the trucking of coal from the Foidel Creek Mine to the Hayden Station and removal of condition of approval #8 of PP2009-007, requiring coal to be delivered by train, except in emergency situations, has been rescheduled to Dec. 13, 2016. No discussion or public comment on this item will occur today.
• Sketch, preliminary and final subdivision to subdivide the open space from the mini storage operation.
• Zoning amendments for signs
Consideration of adoption of the amendments to Section 5.9 of the zoning regulations for signs.
Consideration to authorize the chair to sign the zoning regulations amendments resolution.
2:15 p.m. Meeting adjourned
All regular meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. All meetings will be held in the Routt County Historic Courthouse — 522 Lincoln Ave., Hearing Room, Steamboat Springs — or as otherwise noted. All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need a special accommodation as a result of a disability, please call the commissioners office at 970-879-0108 to assure that we can meet your needs. Please notify us of your request as soon as possible prior to the scheduled event. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD 970-870-5444.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User