Routt County Board Of County Commissioners meeting agendas for Sept. 12 and 13
Monday, Sept. 12
10:30 a.m. Manager update
Tom Sullivan, county manager
11:30 a.m. Legal update
Erick Knaus, county attorney
Noon Lunch break
1:30 p.m. Purchasing updates
Time Winter, director
2 p.m. Sheriff’s department update
Garrett Wiggins, sheriff
2:30 p.m. Clerk and recorder update
Kim Bonner, clerk
3 p.m. Accounting
Dan Strnad, director
• Communications and pool capital budget work session
4 p.m. Meeting adjourned
Tuesday, Sept. 13
10:30 a.m. Call to order
A. Pledge Of Allegiance
B. Approval of accounts payable, manual warrants and payroll
C. Items of note from the previous day’s work session
10:35 a.m. Consent agenda items
Items of routine and non-controversial nature are placed on the consent agenda to allow the board of commissioners to spend its time and energy on more important items on a lengthy agenda. Any Commissioner may request that an item be pulled from the consent agenda and considered separately. Any member of the public may request any item to be pulled from the consent agenda.
A. Approval of county commissioners minutes: Regular meeting of Aug. 9, 2016.
10:40 a.m. Consideration of items pulled from the consent agenda
10:45 a.m. Public comment
Public comment will be heard on any item except quasi-judicial land use items. County commissioners will take public comment under consideration but will not make any decision or take action at this time.
11 a.m. Purchase of Development Rights Board
Clair Sollars, chair
• Consideration to approve the funding of PDR project 182, Glas Deffryn Ranch, in the amount of $173,000, and authorization to sign the agreement concerning conservation easement between Routt County and Yampa Valley Land Trust.
• Consideration to approve the funding of PDR project 184, Gates Ranch, in the amount of $595,000, of which $25,000 will go toward the reimbursement of transaction costs and authorization to sign the agreement concerning conservation easement between Routt County and Colorado Cattlemen’s Ag Land Trust.
11:30 a.m. Road and bridge
• Review and approval of motor pool and heavy equipment deferred pool items.
11:45 a.m. Communications
Doug Brown, director
• Motion to waive the formal bid process and authorize the chair to sign the service maintenance agreement for Communications Department phone system with Century Link Sales Solution, Inc.
Noon Lunch break
1 p.m. Purchasing
Tim Winter, director
• Consideration for approval and authorization of chairperson to sign a professional services agreement to provide a needs assessment projecting 20 years into the future for a new construction building to house the existing and future growth of the Department of Human Services functions of Routt County.
• Consideration to waive the formal purchasing process and authorization to award and sign purchase order for 3/4” scoria and 3/8” minus fines for the Road and Bridge Department for purchase from October 2016 through May 2017 to Bratton Enterprises, Inc.
• Consideration for approval to waive the formal purchasing process and authorization of chairperson to sign one purchase order for 35 HP desktop personal computers, 19 HP laptop personal computers and three Panasonic semi-rugged personal computers.
• Consideration to waive the formal purchasing process and approve the award and authorization of chairperson to sign a purchase order for one new 2016 skid steer loader and two new 2016 Toolcats and the trade in of two 2014 skid steer loaders and one 2014 Toolcat for YVRA using Bobcat’s municipal rollover program.
1:30 p.m. Planning
Chad Phillips, director
• Consideration of the vacation of a portion of Routt County Road 18C.
2 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
All regular meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. All meetings will be held in the Routt County Historic Courthouse — 522 Lincoln Ave., Hearing Room, Steamboat Springs — or as otherwise noted. All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need a special accommodation as a result of a disability, please call the commissioners office at 970-879-0108 to assure that we can meet your needs. Please notify us of your request as soon as possible prior to the scheduled event. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD 970-870-5444.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
With abnormally low snow levels, most of the snow skiers and snowboarders will encounter Saturday during Steamboat Resort’s Opening Day will be manufactured.