Republican and Democrat parties host caucus meetings Tuesday
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Routt County caucus meetings will be held Tuesday, March 6 with the Democrats and Republicans hosting caucuses at different locations across the county for different precincts.
The caucus is the first step toward placing county-level candidates on the primary ballot. To participate, a person must have registered to vote as a Democrat or Republican by Jan. 8 and registered to vote at the address of the precinct they’d like to caucus in by Feb. 5.
Routt County Republican precinct caucus locations:
• Precinct 1: North Routt Fire Station #1, 54545 Routt County Road 129, Clark
• Precinct 3: Mountain Village Montessori School, U.S. Highway 40 and Brandon Circle, Steamboat Springs
• Precincts 2 and 5: Hayden High School, Lincoln Avenue and U.S. Highway 40, Hayden
• Precinct 4: Home of Jack and Geneva Taylor, 31745 Soda Creek Rim Road, Steamboat Springs
• Precincts 6 and 7: Steamboat Christian Center, 821 Dougherty Road
• Precincts 8 and 9: Oak Creek Town Hall, 620 Lillian Lane
• Precinct 10: Yampa Town Hall, 56 Lincoln St.
• Precinct 11: Home of Del and Nina Lockhart, 1084 Village Lane, Steamboat Springs
• Precinct 12: St .Paul’s Episcopal Church, Parish Hall, 846 Oak St., Steamboat Spring
• Precincts 13, 14 and 16: Steamboat Christian Center, 821 Dougherty Road
• Precincts 15, 17 and 18: Routt County Courthouse, Commissioners Room, 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs
All the Republican caucuses have sign-in at 6:30 p.m. with the meetings to begin at 7 p.m.
Routt County Democrats precinct caucus locations:
• Precincts 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18: Soda Creek Elementary School, 220 Park Ave., Steamboat Springs, sign-in at 6:15 p.m.
• Precincts 2 and 5: Hayden Public Library, 201 East Jefferson Ave., sign-in at 6:30 p.m.
• Precincts 8, 9 and 10: Oak Creek Community Center, 227 Dodge Ave., sign-in at 6:30 p.m.
• Precinct 1: 27550 Routt County Road 64, Clark, sign-in at 6:30 p.m.
For precinct information, contact the Routt County Clerk’s Office at co.routt.co.us/133/clerk-recorder or 970-870-5556.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — When it comes to people complying with COVID-19 quarantines, Routt County Director of Public Health Roberta Smith said the response has been variable.