Pedestrian eggs passing car: The Record for Wednesday, Nov, 6, 2019
Wednesday, Nov, 6, 2019
6:12 a.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called about a semitrailer that rolled off the road at mile marker 30 along Colorado Highway 131 near McCoy. No one was injured.
8:08 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers responded to a disturbance at a cafe in the 200 block of Anglers Drive. A man who was initially inquiring about a job turned belligerent and cursed at employees. Officers barred him from the property.
10:55 a.m. The same belligerent man caused a disturbance at Steamboat Resort. Officers barred him from that property as well.
4:21 p.m. Deputies received a report of a stolen vehicle from the 7900 block of Routt County Road 65 in Hayden. A man returned from vacation to find his utility task vehicle missing. An investigation is underway.
6:19 p.m. Deputies were called to search for a missing man in California Park north of Hayden. He was found dead of what appears to be natural causes.
10:03 p.m. Officers were called about two people arguing in the 1000 block of Lincoln Avenue.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.
Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
10:29 p.m. Police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at a consignment store in the 1700 block of Central Park Drive. Someone was loading a dresser into a truck, and witnesses worried the person was burglarizing the business. The person was loading free items into the vehicle.
10:54 p.m. A pedestrian threw eggs at a passing car at 10th Street and Lincoln Avenue. Officers searched the area for the pedestrian but found no suspects.
Total incidents: 61
- Steamboat officers had 26 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Sheriff’s deputies had 23 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to six calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- Yampa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Routt County Search and Rescue volunteers received two calls for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User