Officers rescue cat from tree: The Record for Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
9:17 a.m. Springs Police Department officers were called about a cat that escaped from an animal shelter in the 2600 block of Jacob Circle. Animal control officers found the cat in a tree and rescued it.
2:01 p.m. Officers received a report of people smoking what the caller believed to be marijuana in a vehicle in the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue.
5:35 p.m. Someone received a scam call in which the scammer claimed the person had a warrant out for their arrest. The scammer demanded money to clear up the situation. The person contacted officers, who assured them the call was fraudulent.
6:29 p.m. Officers were called about a man who was banging on people’s cars as he walked through a parking lot in the 1800 block of Central Park Drive. He had left by the time officers arrived.
7:21 p.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies received a call about a bear in the 31600 block of Aspen Ridge Drive.
10:48 p.m. Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters assisted someone who was having breathing difficulties in the 32500 block of Ute Trail in Oak Creek.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
Total incidents: 28
- Steamboat officers had 16 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County deputies had nine cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- Oak Creek firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.