Obituary: Herald Franklin Stout III
July 13, 2018
May 23, 1961- July 7, 2018
Herald Franklin Stout, III was born in Concord, California on May 23, 1961, to Barbara Faxon Stout and Herald Franklin Stout, Junior. His childhood was the itinerant life of an Army Brat. Growing up, Herald lived in Virginia, Kansas, California, and Honduras. Herald attended Virginia Tech, graduating with a B.S. in Finance in 1983. He immediately immersed himself in the world of trading options on the Chicago Board Options Exchange for the next several years. In Chicago, he met the love of his life, Laura, and together they journeyed to the mountains of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, their home since 1991. Herald was a beloved and involved member of the community, developing several old town properties, selling real estate, teaching yoga, coaching Steamboat youth, skiing, and playing hockey. He is survived by his wife, Laura; their three daughters, Emily, Liza, and Sara; and his sister, Lida Stout Haskett.
There will a celebration of Herald’s life at 804 North Park Rd. on Tuesday, July 17th.
8:30am- Dedicated Yoga Practice led by Tim Rowse
6pm- Service followed by a Reception (BYOB!)
Come as you are, preferably in yoga clothes or bright colors!
Trending In: Obituaries
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey