Obituary: Alice Peavy Blasingame
July 13, 2018
May 22, 1923 – June 20, 2018
Alice Peavy Blasingame, born May 22, 1923 left her place on earth on June 20, 2018, 95 years of living life to the fullest. Born north of Steamboat Springs on Deep Creek, to Laurence Peavy and Evelyn Ellis Peavy. The oldest of four girls. Alice graduated from Laramie High School and proceeded to Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri where she graduated. She met Jack Blasingame and they married in October 1943.
They bought a ranch south of Ramah, Colorado, where they raised five kids, Tommy, Bonny, Jimmy, Dugan, and Nancy.
Alice carried the mail route in Ramah for 26 years, driving 102 miles everyday.
She was preceded in death by her husband Jack Blasingame, her parents, and her two sisters Jan Easton and Laura Graham.
Alice is survived by her children Tommy (Kathie) Blasingame, Bonny Blasingame, Jimmy Blansingame, Dugan (Cindy) Blasingame, and Nancy (John) Shaw. She is also survived by 11 grandkids and 13 great grandkids and one sister Jo Semotan.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey