Mary Patricia May
October 7, 2016
Mary Patricia May, known to her friends and family as "Patti", passed away peacefully on Monday, August 22, 2016 at the age of 91. She was born in San Fernando, California. She lived a full, spirited and adventurous life. She was an accomplished artist who in the 1950's worked for Walt Disney as an illustrator. She was an impeccable seamstress for many movie stars in Southern California. She also became a potter and master antique refinisher. While living in Craig, Colorado with her second husband, Jack May, they traveled all over the states to be the final bidder on all kinds of treasures. Later, after retiring from the antique business she further adventured to live half time in Anchorage, Alaska and halftime in Phoenix, Arizona.
She has left behind so many friends, a true testament to the impact that she had on the lives of others. Our family is blessed that we became friends with all of them. She also leaves behind her loving children, Claire Comiskey, Patrick Lorio, Eric Lorio, Mary Alice Lorio and Jennifer Creason and five grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
We all miss her so much, but are at peace knowing that her soul is free from its earthly shell. Her gift of love lives on in all of us.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Routt County real estate transactions: Aug. 10 to 16, 2018
- Inspection delays start of classes at Steamboat Springs Middle School
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- Proposed Breckenridge short-term rental rule requires 1-hour response time for complaints