March 12, 2016
REG STEELE passed away peacefully, in the presence of his family, in the Crouch Street Hostel, Mt. Gambier, South Australia, on Thursday, Feb. 25, 2016, at the age of 78.
He was born in Oak Creek, CO to Carl and Ethel (Myers) Steele and graduated Oak Creek Union High School in 1956.
He barbered in Oak Creek, and at the old Cosgriff Hotel in Craig. He worked at the family Apex coal mine before moving his family to Australia in 1972. In Mt. Gambier, he was machine operator for a particle board company.
He enjoyed snow machining, square dancing, black powder shoots and had many ceative projects going in his backyard shop.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Ginni (Moore), and brother Carl Duane. He is survived by his brother Gordon (Betty) of Yuma, AZ, and sons Evan (Marga) of Mt. Gambier and Chad (Sharon) of Thornton, CO. He was the treasured Pops of Nikki, Russell (Emily), and Kate, and the Great Pops of Ruby, all of Australia.
Cremation has taken place and a memorial/internment will take place graveside March 18 at Mt. Gambier.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach