March 7, 2016
Joy Sexton of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, made her most anticipated journey into eternal life on the evening of February 12, 2016. She was being cared for by family members in Idaho Falls, Idaho at the time of her death. She was 79 years old.
Joy was born in Niles, Michigan to LeRoy and Frances (Warman) Holston. Joy married Ramon Sexton on November 8, 1954. Together they raised four children: Lori (Danny) Thompson, Steve Sexton, and Jeff (Sharon) Sexton, all of Steamboat Springs and Tim (Cathy) Sexton of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Joy is survived by her children and their spouses, fifteen grandchildren, fifteen great-grandchildren, two sisters-in-law, one brother-in-law, many nieces and nephews, and her beloved Shih Tzu puppies. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her mother- and father-in-law, and numerous canine companions.
Burial will be in Ogden, Utah.
A memorial service will be held at Steamboat Christian Center at 6:30 p.m. March 10.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life