Elmer Merle McGruder
July 31, 2015
Elmer Merle McGruder left this earth on July 24, 2015. He was born April 21, 1934 down river on Yellow Creek to Elmer and Lura McGruder. He married Beverly Rose on January 10, 1959. He worked in the coal mine for over 30 years. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and many people sought out the sweet corn from this master gardener.
He is survived by his sister, Audrey Squires of Rifle, his daughters Glenda (Paul) Lehman, Carrie (Frank) Hessel, Connie Ross, and Hope (Jason) Tomlinson, grandchildren Brenda Osborne, Brendon Osborn, Eshlay Kruger, Amanda Jessop, and Alexis Hessel, great grand-children Sydnie, Wyatt, Azalia, and Kaden, and numerous nieces and nephews and his dogs Gizmo and Roll.
He was preceded in death by his parents – Lura and Elmer, his wife Beverly, his siblings, Earl, Carl, Stella, Perry, Wren, Lillie, Carrie, and Dale, and one daughter, Jewell Ann.
Viewing will be August 2 at 2:00 p.m. & services will be at 3:30 p.m. at Fairfeild Center, 200 Main Street in Meeker Colorado, followed by a potluck supper.
His favorite Color was yellow, so we ask that you wear a little bit of yellow in honor of him. Flowers can be ordered from Flora Bella 970-878-7960. Cards and donations can be mailed to P.O Box 162, Meeker, Colorado 81641.
Meeker resident, Elmer McGruder, died on Friday, July 24, 2015, at Pioneers Medical Center in Meeker. He was 81. Funeral Services will be held at 3:30 p.m., Sunday, August 2, at the Fairfield Center in Meeker.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat