December 17, 2014
Emily Anne Barnes was born in Craig, Colorado, on Oct. 5, 1994, to Brent and Christy Barnes.
She grew up in Craig attending Ridgeview Elementary, Craig Intermediate School, Craig Middle School and graduated from Moffat County High School in May of 2013. After graduation she resided briefly in Pueblo, Colorado, returning to Craig in August of 2014. Emily was embarking on a new adventure with her friend, Cody Seldon, to Michigan at the time of her death.
Emily is survived by her parents, Brent and Christy Barnes; her sister, Kaylee Barnes; her brother, Braeden Barnes; Her grandparents, Don and Dianna Guthrie, Robert J. and Betty Barnes; great grandma, Mary Jo Barnes; aunts and uncles, Andrea (Dale) Camp, Dave (Marshon) Donley, Shawn Donley; cousins, Alisha (Eli) Buckner, Adrie Camp, Trevor Wolfe, Christopher Donley, Jessica Donley; and many extended family members. She was preceded in death by great grandparents, Charles Guthrie, Ernie and Belle King, Gus and Carol Rickman and Robert V. Barnes.
Emily was a great lover of animals having numerous pets throughout her life and especially loved her mule, Elmer, and her cat, Kylie. Memorial gifts may be made to Moffat County Humane Society in care of Grant Mortuary in Craig.
Emily Barnes, of Craig, died Saturday, December 13, 2014 in Nebraska. Memorial services will be held at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, December 20, 2014 at The Hayden Congregational Church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day