Steven Otto Stockdale
June 23, 2013
Steven Otto Stockdale, 62, died June 18, 2013, in Louisville. Steve was born Oct. 3, 1950, to Fred W. and Helen L. (Bergman) Stockdale in Kokomo, Ind. He graduated from Northwestern High School.
Steve lived from 1982 to 2007 in Steamboat Springs, where he was a contractor and custom-home builder. He recently retired to Belize.
He enjoyed camping, trout fishing, hunting and skiing in Steamboat. In later years, Steve enjoyed ocean fishing, diving and the island life.
Steve is preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Janet.
He is survived by two sons, Jacob (Megan) Stockdale and Nicholas (Amy) Stockdale; two beloved grandsons, Bodhi and Jovani Stockdale; sister Ann (John) Bingaman, of Kokomo; two brothers, Bill (Rosita) Stockdale, of Carmel, Ind., and Tom (Mary) Stockdale, of Ora Valley, Ark.; and many nieces and nephews.
A celebration of life was at 11 a.m. June 22, 2013, at Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Memorial contributions may be made to the Imagine Yoga Project, in care of Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Share condolences at http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat