Glenn Sheridan Wallace
June 19, 2013
Former Craig resident, Glenn Sheridan Wallace, 94, of rural Lindsborg, Kan., passed away peacefully Monday, June 3, 2013, at Memorial Hospital in McPherson, Kan.
Glenn was born April 13, 1919, in Augusta, Kan., to Clarence and Muriel (Gilliand) Wallace. He was raised in Kansas and moved to Craig in the mid-1960s. Glenn served in World War II with the U.S. Army's 67th Armored Regiment. He was united in marriage to Mona R. Artas in Spokane, Wash., on Jan. 1, 1954.
Survivors include his wife, Mona, of the home; sons Ward Wallace and David Wallace, both of Craig; daughters Laura Henderson and Glenda Taylor (John), of rural Lindsborg; nine grandchildren; and 12 great grandchildren.
Glenn was preceded in death by his parents, Clarence and Muriel Wallace, and his brother, John Wallace.
A private graveside service was held at McPherson Cemetery in McPherson, Kan., on June 6, 2013, with the Rev. Charles Whitacre, of McPherson Church of the Brethren, officiating.
Memorials are suggested to The Salvation Army, in care of Glidden-Ediger Funeral Home, 222 West Euclid, McPherson, KS 67460.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat