Arlin Bruce Collins
June 9, 2013
Arlin Bruce Collins was born Sept. 24, 1951, in Lake City, Minn., the son of Leon and Ramona (Writer) Collins. He was raised and attended school in Pine Island, Minn.
Following high school, Arlin served in the U.S. Air Force from June 12, 1969, until June 11, 1973, and attained the rank of staff sergeant.
Arlin moved to Hayden after the service and resided there until his death.
He had worked as a lineman, disc jockey and was a stocker and garden shop manager at Walmart. He enjoyed listening to music and collecting DVDs.
He died at his home May 18, 2013. He was 61.
Arlin is survived by his mother and stepfather, Ramona and Paul Blee, of Grand Junction; his father and stepmother, Leon and Ardis Collins, of Lake Park, Iowa; his sister Sandy Lowther, of Rochester, Minn.; his brother Emory Blee, of Grand Junction; and several nieces and nephews.
Arlin was preceded in death by his sister Marie Blee and brothers Andy Collins and Michael Blee.
Cremation has taken place and a graveside service will be held at 3 p.m. June 12, 2013, at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado in Grand Junction.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey