Norma Sellers Snowden
April 25, 2013
orma Sellers Snowden was born in Hayden on Oct. 12, 1921, and was raised there except for a short period of time in Grand Junction and Idaho Springs. She graduated from Hayden Union High School in 1940.
On Sept. 7, 1940, she and James Edgar Sellers were married in Vernal, Utah. Two children were born to this union, George James and Glennice Ann.
Norma took nurse's aide training with her daughter and did some nurse's aide work at Solandt Memorial Hospital and Craig Memorial Hospital. Norma was very active in church and Sunday school, and she played the organ and piano for church for more than 50 years. She loved the outdoors, riding horseback and camping, and she also loved crocheting, knitting, cooking and baking. Most of her handiwork and baked goodies were given to others, because she loved to give to others.
She and James moved to Craig in 1985 because of James' health. James went to be with the Lord in September 1987.
On June 10, 1989, she married E. Leslie Snowden, from Steamboat Springs. Leslie Snowden went to be with the Lord on June 3, 1997.
Norma continued to reside in Craig until her death. She was buried in Hayden Cemetery. Memorial donations may be given to the Diabetes Foundation or Yampa Valley Baptist Church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day