Edwin E. Strausborger
November 29, 2012
Edwin E. Strausborger passed away Nov. 18, 2012, of Congestive Heart Failure.
Ed was born in Sunbeam, Colorado on July 22, 1923, to Franklin and Cora Strausborger. He was the third youngest of nine children.
He was preceded in death by Leon, Norman, William, Ruth, Betty, Doris and Raymond. He is survived by his sister, Emma.
He attended schools in Craig until Dec. 7, 1941. He then joined the Navy and served proudly until October 1945. He spent most of his wartime action in the South Pacific serving on the USS Flusser, DDE368.
Returning home in 1945, he met and married Bette Jean Whitesell. He had three sons, Richard, David and Tim. He worked for Stanton Transportation in Craig until 1961, when he moved his family to Eugene, Ore.
He started his career with Roberts Motors where he worked as a diesel mechanic until his retirement in 1988. His wife passed away in 1995.
Ed is survived by his three sons; grandchildren Heather, Katy, Ryan and Sarah; and two great grandchildren, Sofia and Olivia.
Ed was an avid fisherman, hunter and loyal “Duck” Fan. He attended games at Hayward and Autzen from 1967 to 2011.
His happiest times were spent with his loving family and friends. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey