Alice Grace Gould Lawrence
November 29, 2012
Alice Grace Gould Lawrence was born Oct. 22, 1922, on Missouri Heights near Carbondale.
She was raised and attended school on Missouri Heights and in Carbondale, where she graduated from high school.
Alice later married William Spencer Lawrence and they became the parents of one son and two daughters. They made their home in Wyoming for several years before moving to Craig in 1963.
Alice was a homemaker and enjoyed knitting, crocheting, fishing, traveling and rock hunting.
Alice died Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012, at The Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center. She was 90.
She is survived by her son, Spencer Lawrence, of Craig; her grandchildren, Kayla Draper, William Gunett, William Letsinger, and Robbie and Lynn Lawrence; her great grandchildren, Colton, Claire, Hayle and Liam; her sister Ruth Zancanella, of Glenwood Springs.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her sister Zada and her sister Rosella Haff; her brothers Archie, Richard and Willard; her husband William; and her daughters Sarah Draper and Janice Letsinger.
Cremation has taken place and memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at the Basalt Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day