Edmond A. Chevalier
November 17, 2012
Edmond A. Chevalier passed away Nov. 3, 2012. He was born July 27, 1937, in Oak Creek. He grew up in Oak Creek and graduated from Oak Creek Union High School in 1955.
He married Judith Ann Cope on Sept. 17, 1960, in San Diego, Calif. She preceded him in death on Oct. 6, 2012.
Edmond served two tours of duty in Vietnam and was on a special military assignment with the Western White House during the administrations of Presidents Nixon and Ford. He was a member of the VFW. After retiring from the U.S. Marine Corps, Edmond worked at DDO in Ogden, Utah.
He liked camping, fishing, reading and tinkering with cars and motors.
Edmond is survived by his two daughters, Dorie (Michael) Sonley and Shawn Denise (Tom) Gallegos; grandchildren Thomas (Katelyn) Gallegos, Tierney (Ryan) Gonzales and Grace LeeAnn Sonley; two sisters, Betty June Buffington and Ruby Lou Peters; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife and parents.
The family would like to thank close neighbors Collins and Shaylynn Taylor and Doug Wilson for all the care and help they provided Edmond and Judith.
Edmond will be cremated under the direction of Myers Ogden Mortuary.
Condolences may be sent to the family at http://www.myers-mortuary.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day