Mural vandalized: The Record for Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018
December 30, 2018
Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018
10:42 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of a possible fraud at a hotel in the 2300 block of Mount Werner Circle. The man had made a reservation, but it was not on file when he arrived. The hotel had two guests with the same name and made a clerical error on the reservation.
1:14 p.m. Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters were called to assist a person with a traumatic injury in the 23800 block of Tobiano Trail.
1:30 p.m. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a reported disturbance in the 1100 block of Saratoga Avenue.
2:01 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were called to a reported structure fire in the 2500 block of Elk River Road.
3:51 p.m. Officers helped someone who was locked out in a parking lot in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue.
Recommended Stories For You
3:59 p.m. Officers were called to a report of road rage in the 1500 block of Mid Valley Drive. A person pulled over, got out of the car and began pounding on another vehicle. Officers were unable to identify the angry driver.
6:06 p.m. Officers responded to a report that someone vandalized a mural in the alley behind a bar in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue.
6:51 p.m. Steamboat firefighters were called to assist with CPR on an adult in the 2300 block of Penny Lane.
9:08 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a suspicious incident in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue after a man made a person uncomfortable with comments about knives for sale at the business.
Total incidents: 47
- Steamboat police had 33 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- The Routt County Sheriff's Office had four cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to eight calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.