Mobile home caught fire Wednesday | SteamboatToday.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Mobile home caught fire Wednesday

A fire that broke out in a mobile home along Routt County Road 129 was mostly extinguished when firefighters arrived on scene Wednesday night.

Damage was done to the home’s living room and roof, but the fire did not destroy the home, which sits across from the Steamboat Springs Airport, Fire Marshall Jay Muhme said.

New pipes put into a wood stove this fall were too close to combustible construction, causing the fire, Muhme said.

The fire was maintained to the living room, and a small hole was found in the roof above, Muhme said. Smoke damage occurred in the rest of the house.

Firefighters were called to the scene about 9:32 p.m. An engine and water tender were sent. When they arrived on scene, the fire was pretty much out, Muhme said, with the floor still smoldering.

The owner attempted to put the fire out with water and snow, Muhme said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User