Man involved in standoff receives 30-day sentence |

Man involved in standoff receives 30-day sentence

David Michael Weaver
Routt County Sheriff’s Office/ courtesy

— The man involved in a standoff with police at a Steamboat Springs hotel has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years of unsupervised probation.

David Michael Weaver, 26, was arrested again early Tuesday night at a downtown Steamboat bar.

On Oct. 6, police were called to the Ptarmigan Inn at about 4:30 a.m. to a report of a long-term guest being loud. Hotel employees told police that previously Weaver had shot an arrow into a wall at the hotel.

On the morning of the disturbance, police said Weaver refused to leave his room, became agitated and threatened police. Police reported they also could hear the sound of a hunting bow string being plucked. Officers entered the room at about 8:45 a.m. and arrested Weaver.

The Routt County District Attorney’s Office charged Weaver with criminal mischief, trespassing and burglary. As part of a plea deal, Weaver pleaded guilty to failing to leave a premises with a weapon, a Class 1 misdemeanor. He was ordered to pay $1,951, and he received credit toward his sentence for the time he already had served in jail. Weaver must undergo any treatment recommended by the probation department.

A judge had ordered Weaver not to drink, and police said he was drunk when they saw him at a downtown Steamboat bar Tuesday night. He was arrested on suspicion of violation of a protection order, obstructing a peace officer and felony attempting to influence a public servant. Police said Weaver threatened them.

Man sentenced to 30 days jail, two years probation

A man who police said broke into a downtown bar, drank and then passed out in the basement has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years of supervised probation.

Tyler Pike, 27, was arrested after employees at the bar found him in the basement the morning of Sept. 10. Pike told the employees he was fixing the computers. The employees said Pike had been kicked out of the bar the previous night.

Police said Pike later admitted to breaking into the bar after hours and drinking.

He was charged with criminal mischief, third-degree trespassing and felony burglary. The burglary charge was dismissed, and Pike was ordered to pay $1,742.50 and undergo any treatment recommended by the probation department.

To reach Matt Stensland, call 970-871-4247, email or follow him on Twitter @SBTStensland

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User