Man arrested after threatening grocery store employee: The Record for Friday, Jan. 11
January 12, 2019
Friday, Jan. 11, 2019
3:28 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about a disagreement at a private party at a residence on the intersection of Sixth Street and Oak Street. A host of the party was trying to get a guest to leave because of a past dispute the guest had with someone else at the party. Officers arrived on scene and waited until the man left the party.
10:55 a.m. Officers responded to a man who made threats to an employee at a grocery store parking lot. Officers later arrested the man downtown on charges of harassment and trespassing.
1:30 p.m. Officers were called about two divorced parents arguing at a school about custody issues. Officers mediated the argument.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.
Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
4:58 p.m. Officers were called about a broken window at a condo on the 2300 block of Ski Trail Lane. An officer thought initially that someone had shot the window with a BB gun. After seeing feathers near the broken window, they concluded that a bird likely flew into it.
6:51 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle driving on the Yampa River Core Trail along the 500 block of Pamela Lane. Officers were unable to locate a vehicle.
7:48 p.m. Officers responded to a parked vehicle blocking a bus stop along Seventh Street. Officers were able to contact the owner who then moved the vehicle.
9:08 p.m. Officers assisted Colorado Parks and Wildlife with a sick elk at the 3000 block of Laurel Lane. After an assessment, officers shot the elk.
10:59 p.m. Officers were called about a fight outside a business on the 800 block of Lincoln Avenue. A bouncer was checking the IDs of a group of visitors when a local man shoved his way through the group. A fight ensued between the man and members of the group. The local man left before officers arrived. No further action was taken.
11:46 p.m. Officers responded to a one-vehicle crash on the intersection of Walton Creek Road and South Lincoln Avenue. A vehicle driving eastbound slid off right side of road and hit a streetlight. No injuries occurred, but the vehicle was damaged. The driver was able to get their car back on the road and drive away.
Total incidents: 46
- Steamboat officers had 23 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 12 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to seven calls for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Yampa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Routt County Search and Rescue volunteers responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.