Juvenile tries to buy liquor with underage license: The Record for Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2019
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2019
1:34 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers issued a verbal warning to a man urinating on a snow bank at Skyview Lane and Chinook Lane.
6:40 a.m. A drunken man called officers after he got lost in the 1900 block of Alpine Plaza and asked for help getting home. Officers transported the man to hospital.
2:54 p.m. Officers were called about a vehicle complaint at Pine Grove Road and South Lincoln Avenue. The caller said a semitrailer almost ran their car off the road.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
3:50 p.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 16000 block of State Highway 131 outside Yampa. The driver of a semitrailer carrying milk tried to park on the shoulder of the road. He accidentally ran off the pavement and tipped the semitrailer on its side.
6:18 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were called about an unconscious person at a bar in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue.
6:37 p.m. A resident in the 2600 block of Copper Ridge Circle called officers to complain about a neighbor growing marijuana. Officers were not able to take action because growing marijuana is not illegal.
8:18 p.m. Officers were called about a liquor violation at a business in the 900 block of Weiss Drive. A juvenile tried to purchase liquor using his actual driver’s license, even though it said he was underage.
9:40 p.m. Officers were called about aerial fireworks going off in the 1000 block of Pine Street. Officers were unable to locate the source of the fireworks.
Total incidents: 41
- Steamboat officers had 21 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 12 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Fire Rescue firefighters responded to four calls for service.
- Yampa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Oak Creek Fire District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- West Routt Fire District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.