Ikon Pass adds access to Chile’s Valle Nevado
November 5, 2018
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Ikon passholders now have access to Valle Nevado in Chile, bringing the total number of Ikon resorts to 37 across four continents, according to a news release from Alterra Mountain Co.
The South American resort will offer seven days for Ikon Pass and five days for Ikon Base, with no blackout dates. Valle Nevado’s season runs from June to September, allowing passholders to ski year-round.
At a glance
• California: Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Mammoth Mountain and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
• Colorado: Steamboat and Winter Park
• Utah: Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort
• Vermont: Stratton
• Washington: Crystal Mountain Resort
• West Virginia: Snowshoe Mountain
• Canada: Blue Mountain, Ontario; Canadian Mountain Holidays, British Columbia; and Tremblant, Québec
Ikon Pass partners
• Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Copper Mountain and Eldora
• Maine: Sugarloaf and Sunday River
• Michigan: Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain
• Montana: Big Sky Resort
• New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
• New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley
• Utah: Alta, Brighton Resort and Snowbird
• Vermont: Killington and Sugarbush
• Washington: The Summit at Snoqualmie
• Wyoming: Jackson Hole
• Australia: Thredbo, New South Wales
• Canada: Cypress Mountain, British Columbia; Revelstoke Mountain Resort, British Columbia; and SkiBig3, Alberta
• Chile: Valle Nevado
• Japan: Niseko United
• New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt. Hutt
"Now Ikon Pass holders can extend their 2019 season by booking a trip to Chile for the legendary above-treeline terrain in the Andes that Valle Nevado serves up," Alterra Chief Marketing Officer Erik Forsell was quoted as saying in the release. "South America is full of passionate skiers and riders who can also now take advantage of an endless winter with the Ikon Pass as they hit the slopes of North America during the 2018/2019 winter season."
The Ikon Pass, which was created in January, is a collaboration of Alterra, Aspen Skiing Co., Boyne, POWDR and independently owned ski areas.
Steamboat skiers and snowboarders have the option of unlimited Steamboat Resort access on the Ikon Pass for $1,049 or five restricted days at Steamboat Resort on the Ikon Base Pass for $749. The Ikon Base Pass is blacked out from Dec. 26 to 31, Jan. 19 and 20 and Feb. 16 and 17. Both pass options include access to additional resorts.
For more information on access and pricing, go to IkonPass.com.