How to help local nonprofits during the COVID-19 outbreak
Many nonprofits are currently drawing on their existing volunteer pools and no additional volunteers are needed. However, given the length of time the COVID-19 outbreak could last, additional volunteers may be needed in the future. If interested in volunteering, visit routtcountyunitedway.org to register.
Here is a status of the health and human service agencies in Routt County to date:
- Routt County Council on Aging has stopped all group meals. They have packaged meals (hot or cold) for pick up or for delivery (at noon) in all of their service areas. All social gatherings and field trips are canceled. The transportation services are open. Call 970-879-0633 for a meal or transportation reservation. As of today they have enough volunteers.
- LiftUp of Routt County has closed its thrift store and donation center. The food bank is open through two windows: one window will be for families to pick up a food box, the other will be for case management. Call the food bank ahead of time with the number of people in their family. LiftUp is still seeking food donations of proteins (peanut butter, canned tuna, canned chicken, etc.), and fresh fruit and vegetables. Deliver between noon and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. There are currently enough volunteers but are creating a backup list. LiftUp food bank number is 970-875-3441. Also check its Facebook page for up-to-date information.
- Routt County Department of Human Services is providing all services online or over the phone. All federal benefits are required to continue. Food assistance, medical, CCAP, all adult programs, child welfare and adult protection will continue. Starting Wednesday, March 18, the lobby will be open for drop off but no face-to-face interactions. People can use the kiosk in the lobby to apply, pick up an application or use the internal phone to call a worker and/or get an interview. Call 970-879-1540 for more information.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Colorado have closed both clubs in Routt and Moffat counties for two weeks. The staff is developing ways to communicate with youth virtually. Call 970-871-3160 or email email@example.com.
- BookTrails is accepting summer registrations. Contact for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Horizons Specialized Services has suspended all external agency interactions and non-essential daily living functions for the people enrolled in programs. Limited visitations are for family members only. Therapists and case managers are working remotely and offering services via phone and secure electronic modalities. Direct support professionals continue to provide services implementing strict guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control. Horizons’ main office remains open for essential employees. Call 970-879-2065 for more information.
- The Health Partnership has care coordinators contacting everyone they have helped in the last few months plus its current list to understand what clients’ needs may be in the next few weeks. The Routt County Care Coordination Team can be reached at 970-875-3630.
- Integrated Community has closed its offices but is handling client services by phone. For resource and referral call 970-819-0190, immigration services call 970-819-0190, interpretation call 970-620-1513, education programs call 970-819-3720, early childhood call 970-819-1898 and capital campaign call 970-846-4126.
- Northwest Colorado Health is taking appointments at both Community Health Center locations and continuing to provide home health and hospice services. At this time, The Haven Assisted Living has put restrictions into place and is not allowing visitors in order to ensure the safety of residents. The Haven Community Center is currently closed to outside organizations. Aging Well fitness classes and wellness days have been canceled until further notice. Agency updates on any changes to hours and services will be posted to northwestcoloradohealth.org/updates.
- Northwest Colorado Center for Independence is accepting phone calls and handling client services remotely. The transportation service is for critical appointments only. Care coordinators are reaching out to clients to see what needs they may have in the next few weeks. The office number will be forwarded and they are checking email. All group activities and events have been canceled. Call 970-871-4838 or email@example.com for more information.
- Partners in Routt County staff is working from home and encouraging partners to stay in touch virtually. All group activities, meetings and events are canceled until April 1. Call 970-879-6141 for more information.
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide staff is supporting clients by phone and email connecting them to resources. All in-person trainings have been canceled. Call 970-846-8182 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Rocky Mountain Youth Corp. has closed its campus to outside visitors. The Moonlight fundraiser has been canceled but the raffle will continue. Applications are being taken for summer employment. For more information, call 970-879-2135.
- Routt County United Way is coordinating with Routt County crisis management on volunteer opportunities. Register at routtcountyunitedway.org.
- Yampa Valley Autism Program is hosting its transition services and therapies through distance learning. It is suspending respite, in-house support services and after-school services. The office is closed and staff is working from home. Volunteer support is being suspended at this time. Call 970-846-1519 or email@example.com for more information.
- Yampa Valley Community Foundation is launching a COVID-19 Response Community Fund to help agencies serve clients in need. Visit yvcf.org for more details.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User