Household hazardous waste to be collected by county Saturday
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Routt County Department of Environmental Health will be collecting household hazardous waste at Yampa Valley Sustainability Council’s Community Recycling Drop-Off Event from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at the Knoll Parking Lot. Residents are encouraged to bring hard-to-recycle items such as:
- Poisons/toxic materials, including pesticides, fertilizers or mercury
- Aerosol containers, such as spray paint, insect killers, carburetor cleaner, etc.
- Flammable materials, including gasoline, kerosene, roofing tar, lighter fluid or acetone
- Corrosive materials, including acids, Drain-O, deck wash, lye or caustic cleaners
- Oxidizers or reactive chemicals such as bleach or swimming pool cleaning compounds
There’s a five-gallon limit per household. All items must be clearly labeled. Nonhazardous items such as household cleaners, dry wall mud and caulk are considered trash and OK to landfill. Visit YVSC.org/recyclingdropoff to view the applicable fees for processing household hazardous waste and the drop-off site map.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.