Heat lamp causes barn fire near Steamboat Springs | SteamboatToday.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Heat lamp causes barn fire near Steamboat Springs

Steamboat Pilot & Today
SteamboatPilotT_transpBlack_sm

— Fire officials believe a heat lamp caused a fire at a barn early Wednesday morning at Colorado Highway 131 and Routt County Road 22.

Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were dispatched to the fire at 12:46 a.m. The person who reported the fire said there were two- to three-foot flames on the exterior of the barn.

Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters and Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies also responded.

Firefighters entered the building and quickly knocked down the fire. They cut a hole in the floor to make sure the fire did not spread into the floor joists and crawl space.

Once the fire was out, firefighters covered the burned hole with plastic so ducks and goats could continue living inside.

Officials believe a heat lamp where the ducks were living caught the wall and floor on fire.

No animals were hurt, and damage was estimated at $500.

To reach Matt Stensland, call 970-871-4247, email mstensland@SteamboatToday.com or follow him on Twitter @SBTStensland


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User