Health briefs: VNA flu shot clinics planned
Steamboat Springs — Drop-in flu clinics planned:
The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association has a series of drop-in flu clinics planned in the coming weeks across Routt Couty.
- Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays until further notice
- Steamboat Springs High School, 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 27
- Hayden Town Hall, 3 to 6 p.m. Tuesday
- South Routt Elementary, 3:30 to 6 p.m., Wednesday
- Soda Creek Elementary, 2:30 to 5 p.m. Oct. 21
Clinics are all ages. Bring Medicaid, Medicare or other insurance card. Low-cost immunizations available for uninsured adults. Cash or checks accepted.
Call 970-871-7624 for more information.
Casey’s Pond Senior Living in need of bingo prizes
The Doak Walker House at Casey’s Pond Senior Living in Steamboat Springs is asking for donations of jewelry, small stuffed animals or similar items to be used as bingo prizes.
Drop them off at the concierge desk or call Celia with questions at 970-457-4883.
Planned Parenthood can help with annual exam costs
Planned Parenthood can cover the cost of an annual exam for women who are uninsured or underinsured, according to a news release. For information or to make an appointment, call 970-879-2212 or stop by the health center on 11th Street between Lincoln Avenue and Oak Street at 1104 B 11th St.
Tai chi classes offered through Aging Well program
The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association’s Aging Well program is offering a tai chi class at the Steamboat Springs Community Center.
Tai chi helps strengthen bones and muscles, improve balance and confidence, reduces stress and encourages relaxation. Tai Chi for Health: Practice the Art is from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays with Nancy Smith. The classes are free, but a $3 donation is suggested. For more information, call 970-871-7676.
Support groups meeting this week:
• A bereavement support group meets from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at Rollingstone Respite House. The group is open to anyone grieving the loss of a loved one. Call 970-871-7628 before attending your first meeting.
• A Parkinson’s support group meets at 4 p.m. Monday at the United Methodist Church of Steamboat Springs, 736 Oak St. For more information, call 970-875-1088.
• A domestic violence support group for women is from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Advocates Building Peaceful Communities. Call Diane at 970-879-2034 before attending.
• The Steamboat Meditation Recovery Group meets Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at the Buddhist Center of Steamboat Springs, 2250 Copper Frontage Road, No. 202. The group also has a recovery-based yoga beforehand at 4:30 p.m. The group will explore recovery through meditation, book study and all open discussion. Meetings are open to all faiths and addictions. For more information, call 720-670-8642.
• A cancer support group meets from noon to 1 p.m. Friday at Yampa Valley Medical Center’s Integrated Health, 3001 S. Lincoln Ave. The group is for those with cancer to learn techniques to manage stress and create a holiday plan. For more information, call Sara Ross at 970-875-2731.
To submit a health brief, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Dakotah McGinlay understands the Steamboat Springs housing crisis in a way no other city council member does. When she ran for council in 2021, she was the only candidate or current council member to be…