Hayden board OKs parks appointment
In other business
The Hayden Town Board:
- Renewed liquor licenses for A-1 Liquor and a 3.2 beer license for Hayden Mercantile.
- Tabled approving revisions to the land-use code until legal counsel could clarify changes.
- Held a public hearing for a liquor license for Creek View Grill. The board then approved the license.
- Held a public hearing for a liquor license for HDN Paradise Grill. The board then approved the license. The grill, which is at the airport, is the only business with a liquor license at Yampa Valley Regional Airport.
- Approved a credit card authorization resolution, which removes former parks and recreation coordinator and adds the new coordinator, Kathy Hockett. Credit limits on cards issued to town officials and credit limits cannot exceed $4,000 per user.
Hayden — As Hayden’s new Parks and Recreation coordinator gets ready to start work Monday, another Hayden resident has stepped up to help the parks.
The Hayden Town Board on Thursday appointed Bill Irvine to join Hayden’s Parks and Recreation Board through August 2007. He replaces Shauna VanderTook, who left the board.
In a letter of interest to the Town Board, Irvine wrote that he has a young child and is “concerned with future parks development and the direction of recreation events.” Irvine has assisted in numerous recreation events in Hayden.
He also serves on Hayden’s Board of Adjustments, which hears variance requests on property issues. Irvine did not think there was any conflict in serving on the two boards, and the Town Board agreed.
– To reach Matt Stensland, call 871-4210 or e-mail email@example.com
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Morgan Creek Fire saw its first containment over the weekend on the west side of the fire’s perimeter. It is 7% contained as of Sunday.