Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
The Trail Maintenance Endowment Fund held at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is seeking Trail Fund Ambassadors for 2019. Volunteers are needed to help support the fundraising efforts of the fund. Those who are interested should email email@example.com.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Yampatika needs volunteers to support the naturalist outdoor education programs. No experience or environmental credentials are required. Volunteer signups can be found at Yampatika.org.
• Yampa Valley Sustainability Council and a graduate student from Western State Colorado University are seeking households within Routt County to participate in a food waste study to help guide feasibility of an industrial compost facility. Participants are asked to track their food waste for one week. Each residential participant will receive a City Market gift card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-871-9299 if interested.
• An individual in Routt County with a long-term disability needs two to three volunteers to assist in cleaning out the garage, shoveling snow in the driveway and possibly helping with transporting groceries. If interested in volunteering, call Routt County United Way at 970-879-5605.
• Young Tracks Preschool & Child Care Center needs volunteers to help with interior facility cleaning. Quarterly deep-cleaning projects include scrubbing walls, chairs and tables. A group of as many as six people are needed, and the work is suitable for youth and adult volunteers. Call Kim at 970-879-5790.
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center needs volunteers to help librarians in the free lending library, which helps physicians, staff and community members research medical topics and check out books. Contact Peggy at email@example.com or 970-870-1146.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Cross Currents Gallery is looking for volunteers to help with a variety of projects, including greeting gallery visitors, promoting local artists and helping with First Friday Artwalk. Volunteers are needed occasionally and on a regular basis. If interested, contact Betsy Chase at 970-846-8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sk8 Church needs volunteers to donate meals and snacks on Mondays and Thursdays for middle and high school youths. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church to get involved.
• Advocates of Routt County is in need of skilled volunteer help for repairs and handy work around the shelter. Volunteers must pass a background check. Contact Marnie at 970-879-2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Routt County Humane Society needs volunteers to help clean shelter kennels on mornings and weekends. Visit RouttHumane.org to apply for volunteer openings or call 970-879-7247 for details.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User