Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Yampatika needs volunteers to support the naturalist outdoor education programs. No experience or environmental credentials are required. Volunteer signups can be found at yampatika.org.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is collaborating with UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center to increase the number and presence of volunteers in the hospital emergency department assisting suicidal patients. For information and to learn more about volunteering, contact REPS at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hospital Volunteer Coordinator Pam Bosch at email@example.com.
• Yampa Valley Sustainability Council and a graduate student from Western State Colorado University are seeking households within Routt County to participate in a food waste study to help guide feasibility of an industrial compost facility. Participants are asked to track their food waste for one week. Each residential participant will receive a City Market gift card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-871-9299 if interested.
• An individual in Routt County with a long-term disability needs two to three volunteers to assist in cleaning out the garage, shoveling snow in the driveway and possibly helping with transporting groceries. If interested in volunteering, call Routt County United Way at 970-879-5605.
• Yampa Valley Autism Program needs volunteers for its GrowDome community cultivation project. This youth-lead program runs year-round, so volunteers are needed for the winter. Call Lisa at 970-846-1519 to get involved.
• LiftUp of Routt County needs donation center attendants. This behind-the-scenes position prepares donated items for the store while educating donors on the LiftUp mission. Volunteer shifts are scheduled with the volunteer coordinator. Fill out an application online or contact 970-870-0727 or email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Communidad Integrada/Integrated Community needs volunteers for one hour once a week to work with someone who wants to improve their English. Pairs typically meet at the library. To get involved, email Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Advocates of Routt County is in need of agency volunteers to help support office staff. Duties include organizing, filing and computer work. Contact Marnie at email@example.com or 970-879-2034.
• Routt County Humane Society has an urgent need for dog walkers and kennel cleaners in the morning and on weekends. Visit RouttHumane.org to apply for volunteer openings.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.