Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council and a graduate student from Western State Colorado University are seeking households within Routt County to participate in a food waste study to help guide feasibility of an industrial compost facility. Participants are asked to track their food waste for one week. Each residential participant will receive a City Market gift card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-871-9299 if interested.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is collaborating with UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center to increase the number and presence of volunteers in the hospital emergency department assisting suicidal patients. For information on suicide prevention and volunteering, contact REPS at email@example.com or Pam Bosch, hospital volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yampatika needs volunteers to support the naturalist outdoor education programs. No experience or environmental credentials are required. Volunteer training is provided, and sign-ups can be found on yampatika.org.
- UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is looking for volunteers able to provide music to enhance the patients’ or family members’ experience at the medical center. Volunteers are also needed to help support staff, patients and families who are admitted to the emergency department in a variet of tasks during ski season. If interested, contact Peggy Bowers at email@example.com or 970-870-1146.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Cross Currents Gallery is looking for volunteers to help with a variety of projects, including greeting gallery visitors, promoting local artists and helping with First Friday Artwalk. Volunteers are needed on both occasional and regular basis. If interested, contact Betsy Chase at 970-846-8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advocates of Routt County is in need of skilled volunteers to help with repairs and handy work around the shelter. All volunteers must pass a background check. Contact Marnie at 970-879-2034 or email@example.com if interested.
- Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs is in need of volunteers to read to and with children. If interested in helping children build a life-long love of reading, contact Mariah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-3185.
- LiftUp of Routt County is in need of food donations for the food bank. Items must be sealed, unused and not expired. Items can be dropped off at the big double doors on the food bank building 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User