Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Horizons Specialized Services works in partnership with families and communities to expand opportunities for individuals with or at risk of developmental disabilities. Horizons will work with potential volunteers, based on availability and preferences, to share their unique skills. Volunteer as an individual, with a group or help with special events. Contact Jana Hoffman at 970-879-4466 or email@example.com for more information.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Routt to Success is looking for volunteers to provide meals on Monday evenings for its Step It Up class, an eight-week class that teaches participants a structured goal achievement process used to accomplish small goals in each of the five aspects of life. To learn more or sign up to provide a meal, contact Beth Lavely at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-5291.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers for meals, front desk, media and worship team. Call 970-879-2222 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat Springs needs energetic volunteers to work with children after school between 3 and 5:30 p.m. Contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-3185.
- Women United is organizing volunteers to help local elementary and preschool students with reading and homework. Call 970-879-5605 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Junior Achievement needs volunteers to work directly in the classroom once a week. Training, curriculum and support will be provided beginning in August. Contact Michelle at 303-618-6269 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Failure to protect: A system meant to support defendants often backfires on victims of domestic violence
Editor’s note: To protect the identity of the victim in this story, Steamboat Pilot & Today has used a pseudonym to identify the victim and the defendant. This story focuses on domestic violence.