Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Horizons Specialized Services works in partnership with families and communities to expand opportunities for individuals with, or at risk of, developmental disabilities. Horizons will work with you, based on your availability, to find your niche and share your unique skills. Volunteer as an individual or as a group or help with one of the organization’s many events. Call 970-879-4466 for more information.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Northwest Colorado Health needs volunteers to help sell daffodils for Hospice. Contact Kyleigh Lawler at 970-871-7609 or email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
Support Local Journalism
- Advocates of Routt County is recruiting victim advocates to provide on-call services for the 24-hour crisis line. Training is provided. Background check and confidentiality agreement are required. Contact Marnie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-2034.
- Routt County Council on Aging is looking for a meal delivery person. The meal deliveries have grown so much that they are in need of two drivers on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for Steamboat Springs. Hours start around 11:30 a.m., and the route takes about an hour. Anyone interested can stop by the Steamboat Community Center on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and talk with a Council on Aging staff member and fill out an application.
- Community Agriculture Alliance is looking for volunteers. Someone is currently needed on Fridays; however, starting in late March, help will be needed Monday through Friday afternoons. There is a relatively easy computer program to learn, so some training involved.
- Junior Achievement needs volunteers to work directly in the classroom once a week. Training, curriculum and support will be provided beginning in August. Contact Michelle at 303-618-6269 or email@example.com to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.