Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Northwest Colorado Health is seeking volunteers to help with Hospice Daffodils. Volunteer dates for taking preorders are flexible in mid- to late-February. Volunteer dates to help wrap, deliver or sell daffodils are March 8, 9 and 10. Contact Kyleigh Lawler at 970-871-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- National Alliance on Mental Illness is a mental health organization dedicated to building lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Tricia McEntee and a friend want to create a chapter in Northwest Colorado. The initial meeting will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Bud Werner Memorial Library. For more information, contact Tricia McEntee at email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
Support Local Journalism
- Casey’s Pond Senior Living is looking for musicians who want to share their talents with residents. Contact Cathy Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-457-4874 if interested.
- Sk8 Church needs volunteers to donate meals and snacks on Mondays and Thursdays for middle and high school youth. Call 970-879-2222 or email email@example.com to get involved.
- Integrated Community needs volunteers one hour per week to work with kindergarten through fifth-grade students on literacy or math. Contact Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Partners in Routt County needs volunteer senior partners for its youth mentoring program. Contact email@example.com or 970-879-6141 for more information.
- Yampa Valley Autism Program needs year-round volunteers for its GrowDome community cultivation project. Call Lisa at 970-846-1519 to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.