Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Heeling Friends is seeking new volunteers, both human and animal, to become official, registered Heeling Friends, Intermountain Therapy Animals, animal-assisted therapy and animal-assisted activities teams. This requires a two-year commitment on the volunteer’s part as well as payment of registration fees. Animal and partner teams are trained, evaluated and registered by ITA, who provide insurance coverage for activities in Routt County. All animals must love attention and people and have the basic obedience skills, and the handler needs be comfortable with light conversations with a wide range of people. Visit heelingfriends.org/volunteer for detailed information or contact Lynette Weaver at 970-222-3348 or Georgiana Stetter at 970-846-0344.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Northwest Colorado Health needs special event and fundraising volunteers throughout the year. Contact Kyleigh Lawler at 970-871-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Horizons Specialized Services works in partnership with families and communities to expand opportunities for individuals with, or at risk of, developmental disabilities. Horizons is seeking volunteers to be one-on-one mentors to adults with developmental disabilities. Once paired with an individual, Horizons volunteers find opportunities in the community, such as snowshoeing, cooking or going out to eat, board games, walking downtown, attending fitness classes or going to local sporting events, parades or concerts. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Advocates of Routt County needs agency volunteers to help support office staff. Background check and confidentiality agreement required. Contact Lisel Petis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-2034.
- Casey’s Pond Senior Living needs help on the second Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. to take residents on scenic drives. Contact Cathy Reese at email@example.com or 970-457-4874 if interested.
- Women United is a group interested in making a meaningful impact in Routt County through philanthropy, leadership and volunteerism. Call 970-879-5605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Some residents at Sleepy Bear Mobile Home Park will likely be without power and water for at least several weeks after two fires broke out at the park Wednesday afternoon.